- Frosty and Flurry, the Siamese kittens, had to be humanely euthanized because they developed symptoms of feline leukemia. R.I.P. Babies...we all tried hard, especially you.
- 3 of the 5 cottontails did not make it, however, the remaining 2 rabbits are doing just fine.
- 6 of the 8 squirrels were released. The other 2 will be ready next weekend.
- 2 opossums were released as well, which left me with 7. Then there came 7 more, six siblings from one litter and a loner, which weighs only 30 grams.
- the 3 raccoons have opened their eyes this weekend and are doing great.
- the beaver kit is also doing great, but he needs to be transferred to another rescue with other beavers present. There is a place in Plano that is willing to accept him that has already 2 other beaver kits, but so far I have not been able to turn up anybody to make that 3 hour drive. I can't get away for this long myself.
So if anybody close by is willing to transport this animal from Stephenville to Plano, TX, please contact me!!!
Here's the little 30 gram opossum girl. She's about 6 weeks old:
Noisy hungry raccoon babies:
And the beaver: