|Donate using Paypal||Donate using|
Please select an amount:
|Mail Check or Money Order to:||Order and/or send Items directly to:|
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue
|Become a Member (coming soon)||Sponsor an Animal (coming soon)|
|Honor Giving (coming soon)||Buy Wildlife Merchandise (coming soon)|
|Pixel Fundraiser (coming soon)||Raffle (coming soon)|
|The Rainbow Wildlife Rescue is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. All donations are tax deductible! For more information please call (254) 968-4626 or email me (Birgit Sommer) at email@example.com.|
How much does it all cost???
A LOT! The Rainbow Wildlife Rescue went through over 50 lbs of Esbilac and KMR milk replacers in 2009, that's close to $3000 alone.
We spent a lot more on medical supplies, bottles, cleaning supplies, caging, bedding, canned food, dried feed, meat and fresh produce, live food, repairs, maintenance, and not to forget the utility bills that are 3 times as high than average when the rescue is full and the phone bill, which also triples during baby season.
About 30% of the cost were covered by donations and online fundraisers. A HUGE THANK YOU to everybody that had the heart and means to support our efforts!
The remaining 70% I earned with online jobs such as web design and hosting, site maintenance, translations, article writing, graphic design, etc.
Even though I enjoy these jobs, I'd wish I could spend that time focusing on the animals and education instead of earning the money for feeding them. This is where I need your help.
The following points are a few examples of how your donation can help:
- $1000 helps with the utilities and phone bill for 3 months
- $ 500 pays for raising and vaccinating an 2 infant raccoons
- $ 250 will feed a litter of opossums from infant to release
- $ 100 will provide infant formula for 3 squirrels
- $ 50 provides bird food from nestling to adult
- $ 40 pays for a 30 lbs bag of Premium dog food
- $ 20 covers the de-wormer to fight internal parasites in 1 raccoon
- $ 10 provides fresh produce for most critters for 2 days
Top Priority Items:
- A laptop or netbook computer for educational, administrative and presentation purposes.
- Fencing Material (lattice, privacy panels, chain link, fence posts and poles, concrete)
- Green House Frame for a flight cage for songbirds (minimum size 6' width, 8' length, 8' height)
- Petfood and Catlitter (KMR and Esbilac Milkreplacers, Premium dog/puppy and cat/kitten food, dry and cans. Premium means that the top 3 ingredients on the label MUST contain real meat, not by-products, e.g. IAMS ProActive has real chicken as first ingredient.)
- Committed Volunteers, including Rehabbers & Veterinarians
- Release sites in Erath County
- 4 or 5 ft tall ferret type cages with 1/2 to 1 inch gaps
- Small and large bird cages
- Hamster cages
- Guinea pig cages
- Fish tanks with lids
- Infant medical supplies
- Wild bird and sunflower seed
- Nuts, Pecans
- Storage bins with lids
- Paper towels, large trash bags, zip lock freezer bags, laundry detergent, bleach
Medical Supplies (for the Vets):
- Infant Amoxil
- Lactated ringers
- De-womers (Drontal, Strongid)
- Topical eye antibiotic cremes
- Wound care supplies
- Frontline, Advantage, Advantix etc
- Syringes with tiny needles
- Tiny feeding tubes
- IV tubes
- Pain meds
- Calming meds
- Vaccinations (feline and canine)
- Anti fungal meds (oral and topical)
- Burn treatment