Aug 2, 2009

Raccoons, Birds and Squirrels

After successfully releasing Pumkin and Sandra, I put the Abilenians, Sara and Rocky in to the smaller enclosure and got to work on a drainage system that hooks into the sewer.

Thanks to Kelli, her husband and stepson as well as my husband, we got it all done! It was more work than I expected it to be, but it was sooooooooo worth it! It cut down the fly population by 90%!

Here is the drain before we put concrete around it:



The 5 coons are back in the enclosure now:



The 3 Abilenians playing with ice cubes:


And Rocky yawning and chillin':




A storm also brought me the first fall squirrel baby. Her name is Marsha and she was 17 grams when I got her. 3 days later she weighs 22 grams. This little lady has quite an appetite:



The storm also brought a few birds that needed help. This is Mary, she is a white winged dove and was released 2 weeks ago. But she hangs around and helps me feed the other baby doves:


No comments: